You’ve most probably done it. You clicked on a website, and after noticing it’s not loading fast enough, you didn’t hesitate to close it.
You’re not alone; everyone wants blistering fast websites.
In this article, we’ve covered the fastest web hosting providers to help you get fast reliable hosting.
So, who is the fastest web host in this article?
A2 hosting comes out on top in terms of site loading speed.
But I know you’re not here for such a simple answer, you want more information on various top-rated hosting companies like
- Their performance stats e.g., server response time, site loading speeds
- Their price to speed ratio
- Speed up features implemented
and more to help you compare them and decide whom to go with. Lucky for you, we’ve covered and included all that information.
If you’ve found yourself here, I bet you already know the benefits of blazing-fast speeds in web hosting, but let me not assume.
Let’s look at why your website must load fast
According to Google, the optimal server response time is below 200ms; anything less than makes you more likely to lose visitors. Fast web hosting benefits include
- Better SEO ranking
- Lower bounce rates
- Helps you beat competitors
- You secure more sales
- Speed attracts more site visitors as they are comfortable spending their time on your website.
Below we’ve reviewed the fastest web hosts in the industry.
Note: We’ve included data on WordPress site loading speeds, average loading speed, and server response time. The sites got tested with similar WordPress installs, and then we combined this information with other data on reports on the web to come up with more better aggregated reports that represent realistic speeds you should expect to get with each hosting provider.
Let’s dive in.
- Average Loading Speed: 0.61 seconds
- Server Response time: 405ms (0.4s)
- WordPress Site Loading Speed: Speed 678ms (0.68s)
SiteGround uses in-house built servers and has implemented various technologies to make sure you get some of the fastest servers in the industry. Here are the features that make them a fast host
- Free directly integrated Cloudflare CDN with Railgun included (194 locations).
- Fast SSD drives implementation
- Custom SuperCacher (in-house built) based on NGINX reverse proxy
- SG Optimizer plugin for WordPress
- OPCache extension powered by Memcached.
- Multiple Datacenters (3 continents) choices to lower latency.
- Use and support fast protocols such as OCSP Stapling, HTTP/2, QUIC and TLS 1.3
- PHP7 support
In addition, they use route optimization technologies for their data centers with connections to major internet backbones which provide fast connections and high bandwidth capacities contributing to their amazing speeds.
Their Shared hosting plans costs per month are relatively expensive, but the loading speeds and features you get are worth it.
- StartUp $11.95 ($0.33).
- GrowBig $19.95 ($5.95)
- GoGeek $34.95 ($11.95)
Note: Initial introductory prices in brackets
- Average Loading Speed: 0.70 seconds
- Server Response time: 512 ms (0.51 s)
- WordPress Site Loading Speed: Speed 815ms (0.81s)
To help you extract maximum site loading performance from their servers and ensure you get the some of the fastest shared hosting plans, InMotion has integrated the following speed up features.
- They use fast SSD storage
- Avails servers in multiple locations so you can select a plan with reduced latency (Max Speed Zone™)
- Have integrated speed-up technologies such as OptimumCache
- Use CloudLinux OS to ensure you get the fastest shared hosting performance.
- NGINX server optimization for WordPress sites
- Have multiple redundant datacenters data peering with numerous ISPs to achieve fasters connectivity speeds
- Support PHP 7 (faster)
InMotion offers premium shared hosting plans with prices between $6.39 and $14.71/month.Their prices are on the higher end of shared hosting, but you get exceptional loading speeds and rich features.
- Average Loading Speed: 0.48 seconds
- Server Response time: 286 ms (0.28 s)
- WordPress Site Loading Speed: Speed 632ms (0.63s)
GreenGeeks provides one of the fastest website hosting services while still ensuring their hosting is environment friendly. For fast website loading speeds, they’ve invested and integrated the following features in their servers and datacenters.
- Have 5 data center choices. ( Chicago, Toronto, Phoenix, Montreal, and Amsterdam.) to provide different latency options depending on your location
- Allow you to get scalable computing resources
- Fast SSD Drives for faster access to data stored
- Built and implemented Powercacher. An in-house caching technology for serving apps efficiently
- Implement Litespeed webserver and MariaDB server since both are faster than Apache and MySQL server.
- Use performance-tuned servers
- Integrated free CDN powered by Cloudflare
- Have HTTP2 / QUIC enabled
- Support PHP 7
Their shared hosting prices range from $2.95 to $11.95/month. The entry-level plan is very budget-friendly
- Average Loading Speed: 0.37 seconds
- Server Response time: 292 ms (0.29 s)
- WordPress Site Loading Speed: Speed 397ms (0.39s)
A2 Hosting lead the pack with blazing fast page loads and provide the fastest shared hosting. Their speed up technologies include
- Use SSDs for speed boosts
- Integration Cloudflare CDN (free)
- Multiple server locations (Michigan, Arizona, Amsterdam, Singapore) to reduce latency depending on your datacenter choice.
- Having HTTP/2 and SPDY enabled
- A2 Optimized Site Accelerator with 1-click caching – Powered by APC/OPcache and Memcached (Turbo plan only)
- Anycast DNS that duplicates DNS records across A2 Hosting’s global network offering faster response times and reduced latency
- Performance plus feature that adds resources during traffic spikes.
- LiteSpeed Server that is much better than Apache for loading speeds.
- Turbo Cache where all HTML contents get saved and served without running any PHP scripts.
Some of the speed-up technologies only come with the Turbo Plan
A2 Hosting has great initial prices with reasonable renewals prices. Plans cost between $3.92 and $9.31, making them extremely affordable while being super-fast.
- Average Loading Speed: 0.56 seconds
- Server Response time: 292 ms (0.29 s)
- WordPress Site Loading Speed: Speed 446ms (0.44s)
Hostinger pride themselves on being on the frontline of introducing cutting edge technologies that give up to 3X in loading speed performance. Speed up features they use include
- 7 data centers around the world (US, UK, Netherlands, Singapore, Brazil, Indonesia, and Lithuania) to help you enjoy low latency depending on your location.
- Use of Litespeed webservers which are very fast
- Cloudflare CDN integration
- Implementation SSD drives for extreme speeds.
- HTTP/2, HTTP/3 (Quic) integrated and PHP7 enabled
- Use of customizable server-level caching solutions such as LiteSpeed Cache plugins
- Use of GZIP compression for web objects
- Easy and better management of caches with powerful Smart Purge technology.
Hostinger has the most affordable yet fastest shared web hosting plans; they range between $0.99 and $3.99/month
Having gone through the various hosts, you are now in a better position do decide whom to go with. Even if speed is critical, do not overlook other resources you get with the shared hosting plans. Always check who offers you tremendous value and excellent all-round features.